A variety of classes are offered throughout the year. Current Information can be found on the Hometown Herald Recreation pages. You may register for classes in person, or by mail using this form. You will also be required to complete a Household Information Form if you haven’t done so already.
You can now register online for most Recreation activities!
All first-time online users must complete and submit a Household Information Form; along with proof of residency to the Gillham Recreation Center. Your information will be reviewed and input into the system. Once you have been entered into the registration software, you will have access to your personal password so you can begin registering online.
Please note: Latchkey Registration, Hurricane Swim Team and Facility Reservations must be done in person at the Gillham Recreation Center.
After your Household Information Form has been submitted to the Rec Center and entered into the system, follow these steps to activate your online account:
- Go to recreation.hwmi.org - our registration website.
- On Home Page of Website:
- Click 'Sign In' button on the top right
- Click on the blue RESET PASSWORD button. (Do not enter your email address on this page).
- Enter your PRIMARY email address (the primary email address provided on your Household Information Form).
- Check your spam folder if you cannot locate the email from "City of Huntington Woods - firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Open the “Reset Password Request” email from City of Huntington Woods
- Click on Reset Password link in email
- Click on green Sign In button
- Enter email and password
- Click on Sign In to return to the Website.
If you have any trouble logging in, please contact us at (248) 541-3030 during regular business hours.
The Recreation Department is always on the lookout for new and exciting classes and workshops to include in our programming schedule. If you have a special talent and/or idea for a program, please contact Bridget Levine at the Recreation Center, 248-541-3030. Class proposals always welcome.